5 Unique Activities That Puts the UAE into Top Travel Category!
Why do people book tickets to UAE countries during their holidays each year? There’s a good reason for this and the reason is this – the kind of activities and attractions you find in the UAE are extremely unique. You cannot find them elsewhere, and the whole ambience of sheer luxury on top of everything else just pulls people in. Wouldn’t you like to know exactly what’s so unique about the UAE that people keep visiting time and again? Here are five unique activities that you can enjoy only in the UAE. Read on and let us know what you think!
Sunset View From the Highest Point:
The highest point in the world right now is the Burj Khalifa, at 829 meters. Imagine being able to stand on levels 124, 125 and 148 from the At the Top Observatory, surrounded top, bottom and sides by clear glass. There’ll be nothing between you and the outside except glass. The experience of standing here and enjoying the superb desert sunrise is something that belies belief. It’s magical. The incredible 360-degree views of the city bathed in the golden hues of the setting sun makes such a sight that people return to Dubai, just to experience this view time and again in person.
Fastest Ferrari Ride:
The Ferrari World Park in Abu Dhabi offers the fastest Ferrari ride you’ve experienced in your life. If you’ve always wondered just how the Formula One race drivers zoom carelessly around corners in some of the most expensive cars in the world, now you’ll get to know how. Feel the thrill of being in the shoes of a Scuderia Ferrari driver. If you’ve got an appetite for G-force and velocity, come to Ferrari World and be driven in one of the top racing Ferraris on campus in the same racing style as you see on Formula One. Speed around corners, be slammed back in your seat and in general, experience that combination of fear, euphoria and utter rush of adrenalin that car race drivers experience. Go round and round on the tracks screaming away as your family and friends watch in envy!
One of the most unique things you can do in the UAE is to sign up for a desert safari. The mystical, magical deserts of Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Fujairah are incredible. If you sign up for a Desert Safari Abu Dhabi, you can check out the tallest dune in the UAE – the Moreeb dune (Al Moreb Hill). You can sign up for morning, evening or overnight safaris. No matter which safari you sign up for, the first stop is at the desert camel camp, where you’ll learn how to ride camels on the soft sands. Then follow some wonderful desert adventures – dune bashing, dune driving, sand boarding, quad biking and so on. The evening and overnight safaris include in-tent entertainment – Tanura and belly dancing shows and henna painting. You can sit back with a shisha pipe and relax like a true Bedouin in your Arab robes enjoying the amazing sunset, and then enjoy a fabulous buffet continental and Emirati dinner. Overnight safari customers can enjoy a wonderful night spent under the fabulous Arabian Desert sky. Additional activities include sunset and sunrise photography and desert trek in the night.
Explore The Biggest Shopping Mall:
The incredible Dubai Mall is a small city in and of itself; it has over 1200 retail outlets and hundreds of eateries and fine restaurants in the food court as well. The Dubai Mall is an all-in-one destination – shopping, entertainment, food, relaxation and education.
- The Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo: is located at the Dubai Mall. It is the best way to get up close to the wonderful marine world; the aquarium houses more than 33,000 sea creatures including a range of deadly sharks. The most interesting thing about the aquarium is the long acrylic tunnel that delves for several meters under the sea.
- Grand Atrium: Here you’ll see a beautiful replica of the Dubai Creek Tower along with its grand architecture.
- KidZania: A kiddie-sized grownup world where kids can enjoy working in serious jobs and learning about grownup life.
- Dubai Ice Rink: Huge ice rink where regular competitions and events are conducted
- Dino: Dubai has a 155 million year-old dino skeleton at The Souk Dome
- Reel Cinemas: Boasts of 22 screens and fabulous seats and sound quality.
- The Emirates A380 Experience: A flight simulator that allows you to fly a state-of-the-art Emirates A380 flight.
- The Dubai Fountain: Spectacular water, lights and sound shows several times a day set to fantastic music just outside the Burj Khalifa on top of the enormous Burj Lake.
Unique Upcoming Attraction
Several unique attractions are coming up in Dubai and here are two of the top ones on the list!
- World’s First Floating Resort: Dubai’s new floating resort will be built about 2.5 miles offshore and will cost the city $680 million. It will be a modern take on Italy’s own Floating City. This new fabulous floating resort will house 3,000 guests per day, who will arrive by helicopter, boat or seaplane to the resort. After registration, the guests will be taken to their rooms via a romantic gondola which will traverse the resort’s man made, winding water canals. Here are some interesting details:
- The resort will span four decks, one of which will be totally underwater, offering magnificent views of the gondolas passing above and the incredible coral reefs below.
- The resort will have 414 cabins; multiple boutique shops; 12 or more restaurants and bars, 12 floating beaches
- There’ll be 24 pools, of which some will have acrylic bottoms so you can check out all the coral reefs.
- There’s also the planned world’s first underwater spa
Construction will begin in early 2018 and will be completed by 2020 and we simply cannot wait!
- World’s First Flying Taxi: Dubai has engineered the world’s first flying taxi, and is ready to begin trails by the end of this year. The emirate plans to have a fully-operational driverless flying taxi servicing passengers all over Dubai by 2022. The drone taxis will take off from various points, pick up people at designated points and soar over the city, very close to iconic skylines such as the Burj Khalifa.
Akshay Koranne is a travel blogger who loves travelling across the world and sharing the experiences through blogs and articles. Apart from blogging and travelling he likes spending his time in playing Chess and Cricket.